Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Success at ASU

There are many things that students can do at ASU to be successful. The most important things are managing time, studying, going to class, and taking time for yourself.

One thing that has always helped me was to manage my time. I have a planner that I write down everything in. I have every day planned all to the hour basically so I know what I need to get done and when I need to get it don't by. Most people aren't like that, but you don't have to have a planner to be organized. You just have to know when your projects due and allow time to do them and still have time to work and have fun. It you don't manage in time to just have to yourself you will get to overwhelmed and frustrated.

You have to study!! No matter what you think college is way different then high school. You can't just expect to understand everything and know it all just from the lecture. You need to go home and study and go over all of your notes. The exams are a lot harder then you think. You need to study to make sure you know everything about the subject and not miss any minor details.

Most professors post their notes on blackboard, but that doesn't mean you don't have to go to class. There are a lot of things that professors say in class that are important, and that will be on the exams. Some professors have you watch movies, and give daily quizzes which are easy points and are meant to hurt the people that don't go to class.

The last and most important thing to do to be successful is to take some time and put it aside for yourself! Going to school, work, then studying and that's it, can really burn you out. You may think that focusing on school all the time will make you do better in school but in reality it won't. It will hurt you in the end because you need time to relax.

2 comments:

Phil said...

Every student should be successful as long as the follow the tips given to them and talk to their teachers about anything that is unclear.

rwaer12 said...

I think that is really cool how you went step by step through many helpful steps. I also think its pretty amazing that you are able to stay that organized with the planner. I've tried planners before, but they're really not for me. I can see how it can help the majority of people though and it is a very good tool to help people stay organized.